[Skip to content]

Ealing Hospital NHS Trust

How to raise a concern

It is important that you tell us when things go wrong, so that we can do our best to put them right. This will help us to improve our services.

If you have a problem or concern, first approach the ward matron or department where the problem occurred. In many cases the problem can be resolved there and then.

If they cannot help, or you would prefer not to discuss the problem with staff there, you may wish to contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), our on-the-spot service offering advice and support. Telephone 0800 0641120; email: ehn-tr.pals@nhs.net

However, if you wish to make a formal complaint you can write to the Chief Executive, Ealing Hospital NHS Trust, Uxbridge Road, Southall,

Middlesex UB1 3HW or complete the online form 'how to raise a

concern'. If you require further advice telephone our complaints

department on 020 8967 5653.

We will

  • investigate your concerns

  • aim to send you a written response, signed by the chief executive, within 25 working days

  • write to you if this is not possible, informing you of our progress and the reason for the delay

  • apologise when our service has failed.

Making a formal complaint
Please give us complete details of your complaint, with dates and times if possible, together with your name, address and telephone number so that we can respond to all your concerns.

Representing a current or former patient
If you are complaining on behalf of a current or former patient include their name, address and date of birth together with your own name, address and telephone number.

For reasons of confidentiality, if you are complaining on behalf of a patient, we will need to ask the patient for their consent. However, we will not need their consent if -

  • the patient is a child and you are their parent or guardian

  • the patient cannot complain on their own behalf or has died and you are their next-of-kin.

Key Info

Complaints department

Telephone number:
020 8967 5653


Online form

How to raise a concern 


See also:

Complaints procedure for our community services